Pittsburgh Brewing Company/Block House Brewing Summer Internship
Summer Internship: May 15-August 15
Primary Locations: Pittsburgh, PA
Schedule: Internship- About 20 hours per week
Salary: Paid position
Posting Date: March 9, 2016
From our beginnings in 1861, Pittsburgh Brewing Company has always been committed to a few things: deep roots, Pittsburgh community, strong tradition, innovation, and of course, brewing great beer. We’ve been at it for years, and with every bottle we keep getting better. We are looking to interns who share the same passion as we do.
– Serve as a voice for the Pittsburgh Brewing brands
– Stay Relevant in knowledge of the craft beer market
Promotions and Events:
– Assist in event planning with Pittsburgh Brewing staff and third parties
– Work will sales team to book events, festivals and promotional nights
– Execution of numerous event and festival product tasks
– Marketing of the event
– Social media involvement around each event
– Any promotional signs to be requested for designs prior to the event
– Block House Buddies/Pittsburgh Brewing email to be sent out prior to event
– Managing event sponsorships and communication with event organizers
– Follow up and evaluation of programs
– Promote Pittsburgh Brewing/Block House Brewing
– Live the brand, be able to make other people excited for Pittsburgh Brewing/Block House Brewing
– Promote the Block House Buddies: Loyalty Program
– Distribute PR materials when at promo events
– Content management on website and social media
– Event advertisements on social media, newsletter and website
– Creative ideas for social media, blog posts and newsletters articles
– Attend weekly meeting
– Pursing a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Public Relations, Communication or related field.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work with numerous internal contacts, departments and vendors.
– Active within all social media platforms
– Proficient in Microsoft Office
-Must be 21+ years old
– Craft beer knowledge is a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment
– Night and weekend work required
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.